If you need to promote any kind of brand, it is necessary to create high-quality adverts in order to attract customers and make them interested. Among a wide range of advert formats, which are available for modern marketers, banner adverts take one of the leading positions. However, it is important to know how to create unique and interesting adverts and use them in the right way.
What is a banner advert?
A banner advert is one of the advertising formats, which is usually visual-based. The adverts of such a variety may contain images, which are either static or animated. There are web banner designs, which also contain text with a call-to-action or any other message to the potential customers. The key aim of the application of such advert materials is the attraction of traffic to a website by means of the links to the website, which is owned by an advertiser.
For the creation of such adverts, it is possible to use the following types of content:
- – images (there are various formats available, for instance, .jpg, .png, and .gif)
- – multimedia objects (they are created with the help of Flash technology).
The functioning of any banner is simple. A user visiting a definite webpage sees an image/multimedia object. Then he/she clicks on a banner ad and gets transferred to the website or landing page owned by the advertiser.
How to create the most productive banner ad designs
For the creation of such an advert type, it is vital to understand how to do it right. Let’s observe several tips, which might appear to be helpful for any advertiser:
- Standard banner sizes are preferable. There exist several varieties of banner sizes, which are suitable for effective promotion:
- – a large rectangle banner (336 × 280 px)
- – a half-size banner (300 × 600 px)
- – a medium rectangle banner (300 x 250 px)
- – a leader board banner (728 × 90 px).
- Select the right placement for your banners. It is advisable to select the websites, which are close to your niche or connected with it. It is also better when banner ads are displayed above the fold because visitors can immediately see them.
- Keep to a balance. It is vital for any advertiser to make the banner ads look attractive and pleasant to an eye. There are several components of any banner ad:
- – logo
- – value proposition
- – call to action.
With the help of the logo of your firm, it is possible to improve brand awareness, which is why, it should be visually dominant. Value proposition and call-to-action are more important things compared to the logo. Thus, they should be even more dominant. A VP demonstrates your product or service attracting the visitors’ attention. This part of a banner is usually the largest. A CTA can be created as a text or a button, which can offer the visitors to click. Think about a clear focal point for your call-to-action.
- Think of the readability. It is recommended to use different sizes of the text for headlines and bodies. Besides, the number of lines should not be more than four to avoid irritating visitors. It is advisable to avoid cursive/script fonts.
- Create a sense of urgency. It can be done with special visual effects such as contrasting, bright colors, animation, etc.
- Be careful with the color choice. Consider, which emotions you want to provoke and select the corresponding hints. Note that colors associations in various cultures can greatly differ. Besides, make sure your banner ad is consistent with your brand in order to avoid the confusion of the visitors when they get redirected to your site/landing webpage.
- File sizes matter. Remember that Google AdSense consider smaller files to be better. Keep them up to 150 kb.
- Always stand out. It is important to make your ad match the website but it should also be visible and capturing.
- Don’t forget about animation. Such adverts are proved to be more effective.
- Make your frame as clear as possible. Thus, people will immediately pay attention to the content inside the frame.