There exist plenty of advertising techniques, which are used by modern advertisers. Contextual advertising is one of the methods, which should be included in any marketing strategy for the effective promotion of the brand and customers attraction. Read the article to know more about its definition and benefits for marketers.
What are contextual ads?
Speaking about contextual targeting definition, we can say that it means the placement of the definite advertising materials on the sites or other platforms, which are related to the product being advertised. Thus, such adverts will always be relevant for the visitors and won’t feel aggressive or disturbing.
For example, we can speak about contextual advertising when we place the kitchen mixer advert on the website with recipes. As a result, your advert will be displayed to the people, who are interested in cooking. And they are more likely to buy a mixer. As any marketer knows, a more interested audience will bring higher conversion rates as well as click-through rates. All of the above-mentioned gives you a chance to greatly improve the performance of the display adverts.
How does contextual advertising work?
It is vital to understand how to make display ads relevant and show them on the relevant web resources. The key thing here is the keywords. The majority of advertisers prefer using Google AdSense because it is a perfect choice for contextual advertising. By means of it, marketers can place various types of ad on the sites, which are participants of the system. Various formats are available:
- – video
- – image
- – text, etc.
One of the parts of the Google system is YouTube. It is a wonderful platform, which is used for contextual advertising. Thus, you can, for instance, place a short video about your new game before the video with a game tutorial a user is going to watch.
For the creation of an effective advert, it is necessary to use specific materials and specific keywords/website pages. Keywords are to match the website or a central theme of a certain publication. On the basis of them, individual webpages for the placement will be found by Google. Using contextual advertising, it is also vital to select topics. It is necessary in order to find the sites, the theme of which matches your topic.
As a result of hard work, you can reach higher returns on your investments.
The process looks as follows:
- – You choose the keywords & topics. You can just begin with adding them to Display Network advert groups.
- – Google AdSense analyses the potential locations for your adverts selecting the websites, which are more relevant to your targeting requirements. Thus, Google is to analyze language, text, webpage structure, internal links, etc.
- – After this, your advert gets placed.
Examples of contextual advertising
There exist plenty of ways of contextual advertising application. Let’s observe the most prominent ones:
- In-game ads. There are video games, which allow adding short videos. They might be added before loading on after a certain level is complete. It is a good way to reach the audience interested in mobile and other types of games.
- Native ads. It is one of the popular ad formats, which is used in both traditional and online advertising. It contains a sponsored ad, which looks like a part of the surrounding content. In the majority of cases, it does not even look like an advert.
- Behavioral advertising. Compared to many other types of adverts, it is aimed at targeting the visitors on the basis of their behavior rather than preferences. It is a kind of a new way in contextual advertising.
- In-video ads. The greatest example of this advert type is YouTube (we have already observed it above).
If you use contextual advertising in the right way, you can easily increase your income and make your product more popular and relevant to Internet users.