How does Google remarketing work?

Remarketing vs retargeting: how to make your customers buy from you?

Remarketing in real life is something impossible and even abnormal. The majority of people would call it stalking. However, in the digital world, remarketing is one of the effective ways to attract the audience and persuade people to make a purchase or fulfill a certain action.

What is remarketing?

Remarketing (or retargeting) is a smart way of connection and communication with those customers, who visited your site but didn’t buy. In the framework of a remarketing strategy, you can place the corresponding adverts, which are targeted for a definite audience, and display them to those people you are planning to reach. Such adverts will be demonstrated to them on various resources they visit on the Internet thanks to the application of cookies. Thus, the adverts can be displayed on any kind of website, which accepts the ads from a Google Display Network.

Thanks to a wide range of targeting options available for online advertisers, it is possible to select not just the categories of people to target but also definite sites, where the adverts will be demonstrated. Certain inappropriate resources might be easily blocked.

Remarketing is proved to be one of the most cost-effective strategies for the promotion of your brand. With the help of various advertising tools, you remind the users about your offer and propose something valuable to make them finally buy from you. That’s why remarketing should definitely get an amount of your investments.

Let’s consider the chain of remarketing or how it works step by step:

  1. There is an Internet user
  2. He/she visits your website
  3. The user leaves your site
  4. He/she is tracked
  5. The user sees your adverts on other resources
  6. He/she visits your site once again.

There might be various reasons why people do not convert during their first visit to your site:

  • – They are busy with something
  • – They need to know more about your brand
  • – They are not sure that they need your product
  • – They did not find the solution required to solve their problem.

The benefits of remarketing

Remarketing is beneficial for both brand owners and the audience. Consider the advantages you can enjoy:

  • – The possibility to retarget every possible type of audience thanks to the existence of a wide range of retargeting platforms
  • – More personalized adverts displayed to the visitors (they are more relevant and timely)
  • – The high returns on investment (which guarantee a bigger profit for marketers).

What’s more, remarketing is able to greatly increase visibility and brand awareness. Remember that such advertising is directed to the users, who already know about your company or brand. Remarketing is able to greatly increase conversion rates. You should know that on average, only 2% of visitors actually convert. Thus, remarketing is accountable for the rest of 98%.

Types of remarketing

Different variations of remarketing might appear to be useful for a marketer:

  1. Video (your advert will be shown as a pre-roll video, for example, on YouTube or other platforms, which are partners of Google)
  2. Search (the ads are displayed at the top of the results in your search engines when one of your visitors is looking for a definite service)
  3. Display (with Google remarketing tag, you can use other sites to demonstrate your adverts to your target audience)
  4. Dynamic (if there are positions, which were previously viewed by a certain visitor, it is possible to use them to create ads)
  5. Social media (with the help of popular social networks such as FB, LinkedIn, and others, you can advertise your resource to the people using those platforms)
  6. Customer list (using both social media and Google AdWords, you can add lists of contacts, which will be used to show various adverts to those users when they use websites working with Google or definite networks).

For effective remarketing, it is vital to know your audience, create a strategy with certain goals, make adverts, which correspond to those goals, use the right remarketing tags, and keep testing various platforms.

(1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading...