Advertising is a complex of various tools and approaches, which are applied by modern marketers to reach their purposes. Various kinds of ads allow achieving different goals depending on the purposes of a definite advertiser. Before you start promoting a brand, it is vital to find the most suitable types of adverts, add them to your business plan, and start testing their productivity. Their choice will depend on a target audience & type of business. For the examples, read the article below.
Advertising is a complex of various means of communication with your audience. It allows sending a definite message to the desired audience and actually reaching people making them buy from you or reaching any other purposes. The advertising sphere keeps developing offering new approaches for brand promotion. As for the general aim of any advertising campaign, it is to have a certain influence on people (potential customers).
For any brand, it is required to create a well-thought strategy in order to make their product recognizable and memorable. For such a purpose, it is necessary to use several advertising methods in a combination.
Consider the most widespread types of adverts, which are used by advertisers and publishers:
- – paid search
- – social media networks
- – native advertising
- – display ads
- – print advertising
- – broadcasting
- – outdoor advertising.
1. Print advertising is a traditional way of promotion, which has been used for dozens of years. It is still very popular and effective for the marketers because it allows reaching people via various printed materials, for instance:
- – periodicals
- – newspapers
- – magazines
- – leaflets
- – brochures
- – direct mailing (the pieces of adverts are sent directly to a potential customer).
2. Social media. Considering this category, we can speak about digital advertising in general. Online space is an integral part of the methods used for audience reach. More and more people today start using the Internet to find helpful information about definite products/services, to share their opinion, to talk to friends/colleagues, to search for new friends, to find the reviews of other consumers or just to have an amazing time reading/watching something interesting. Thus, it is essential to use social networks and other online platforms, which are popular among the users, to achieve your goals and promote a brand. The ad inventory for the placement might be easily found on ad exchanges. Mobile ads can also be added to this category because today more users prefer applying tablets or cell phones to access the Internet or use definite applications.
3. Native advertising. It is a popular way of promotion, where the materials used match the content of a website/printed edition. Such adverts do not look like adverts; they seem to be a natural part of the content.
4. Display adverts. Those materials are visual. They attract the attention of potential customers and help generate more clicks and leads. This category usually includes banners, which are either static or animated. The ads are located on the top of the page or on the sidebars.
5. Paid search. It is one of the variations of digital advertising. Here special keywords related to your brand greatly matter. Such an advert type requires a commission only after a click, so it brings a good ROI rate. In most cases, your advertising materials will be displayed on the top of the search engine results.
6. Broadcasting. Radio and TV are still popular among modern people. Via these communication channels, you can reach a wider audience.
7. Outdoor advertising. If you want to reach people when they are out of home, this advert type is just what you need. There are many billboards on the street, which you can effectively use. Besides, you can print interesting posters or other materials.
For the selection of the most appropriate methods, it is strongly recommended to analyze your audience, the key features, and interests of your potential customers. Thus, you will be able to understand, which communication channels are more appropriate for the development of your business.